Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Begins

Well it's starting to heat up in the valley and the kids are loving it. We went swimming over grandmas twice yesterday and Grayson is already starting to get dark. I'm being especially careful this year because Tanner already got fried at Bass Lake a few weeks ago so it's sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. Wendy is doing well and Sierra is cooking nicely, She starts getting active right around when Wendy is falling asleep. It is only a matter of a few months and we are all excited. Tanner and Grayson are now out of school and all the neighborhood kids got in a water fight yesterday...looked like a lot of fun. Tanner is getting thick and stalky, his feet are huge and I can tell that he's going to sprout up pretty soon. Won't be long till he passes me up. Grayson has been growing as well and I don't think hell be as short as his old man. Pastor Jeff had an interesting Sermon on Sunday. It has become one of my favorite things in life to watch Wendy scribble notes on the sermon outline as we sit together in church. To see her embrace Christ in this way has been inspiring. She now encourages me through the tough times reminding me to stay focused on God. It's fufilling to know your wife and best freind is a source of accountability and encouragement. It has only strengthened our love for eachother. God is most definitely good! I had the oppurtunity to work some overtime this last week and ended up working six straight days. The time away from the family was difficult and that yearning to be with them opened up the flood gates. There are some people I miss terribly, true freinds, family, people I love with all my heart. I don't speak with them enough, I havn't seen them in years. I wish that we could share the everyday joys and sorrows of life. Till then, if ever, I will pray that lifes path leads them to what they are seeking. I pray faith steers them into the arms of the saviour, and though we rarely talk, I hope they know that I love them, I am here for them, at any time, for any reason. If you think this message is for you...it is!
For the rest of those I care about that I do get to see and spend time with I want you to know it has never been enough. I cherish every minute with you. I pray for you constantly and look forward to seeing you again.

Ephesians 2:4-9

4 comments:

Elissa said...

Ok, I retyped your blog address on mine and it seems to be working now. That was weird.

Miss you too bud... can't wait til those royalty checks start coming in so you can come visit us all the time. Or fly us out on your Gulfstream.

Love you,
Lis

Anonymous said...

I just really love reading about your life Matt. To read about you and Wendy walking with the Lord makes us Mother types just Praise the Lord!! That's all we as parents really want for our kids-the rest is nice, but....We will see y'all very soon. Love,
Aunti Mimi

Anonymous said...

I will not tell anyone that this last part of your blog was just for your favorite cousin Danny. We all miss you alot. I second lis comment about royality checks that will be great.
love
Frick(or am I Frack)

Elissa said...

Um, I won't burst Danny's bubble and tell him that you were actually talking about me.