Monday, June 30, 2008

Almost 28 days since my last post and I have worked for a lot of those days due to the tremendous start to the California fire season. Some amazing things have happened over the last several weeks and it's been both exciting and taxing. I went camping with Tanner and Grayson...just the boys. We played at the lake, ate pizza, and laughed but I think I got a little glimpse of life in a few years. There was a little girl visiting from Georgia in the next camp over. She was a cute little blonde and as soon as Tanner saw her he was gone. There where about 10 kids in the campground that ranged in age and I spent the latter half of my evening alone with a beer and my guitar. Tanner and Grayson where out riding their bikes and although I enjoyed the peace, I got a little misty eyed knowing my boys where growing up...especially Tanner. I hope it's the first of many such excursions, that is, if I ever go home from work again. When Wendy got pregnant her only regret was that she would be in the latter stages of pregnancy during the hot valley months. Although it seemed like a long time away, Sierra is almost here (Sept 20). God has been especially busy at the potters wheel this month and I have felt poked and prodded by the spirit on a daily basis. Been praying for some people lately but after this last weekend I would like to ask for prayers regarding someone I love very much. To identify this person would be a breach of confidence and trust. But trust me they need prayer. Perhaps you could pray that God be attentive to my prayers regarding this issue. I think God will figure it out. On a different note, I had the oppurtunity to work with several people over the last few weeks and had numerous conversations about politics. Keeps me sharp.

Love Matty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your story about Tanner leaving your side, brings me back to camping trips when that was what we did the most, chasing girls. We had great times,I will never forget the times we had camping. Love you more than you know!
Danny