Saturday, June 7, 2008

I read it in a book...once

Have you ever met the back row Christian? Have you ever been the back row Christian? I have...It has been my experience that until you committ 100% of your life to knowing and understanding what God has for you in this life, you will remain a Christian that hides in the back row. Christ doesn't want you to be hidden, or ashamed. He doesn't want a piece on Sunday or on Holidays. Maybe, a shout out when money is tight, or you had a little too much to drink. He wants all of it. The bible says that the suffering that Christ endured was sufficient to cover all of our sin. All of it. Imagine what it would be like to sacrafice your very life. Your freind deserves the roman whip, you know the one with barbed balls at the end of leather tassles that literally tear away the flesh with every lash. Sign me up huh, I'm a good freind let me stand in. I'll take that for you. I dont mind all the people spitting on me, or the crown with 3 inch thorns impaled in my scalp, the very weight of it pulling against every wound if I adjust my exhausted head. I've done absolutely nothing wrong, except for perhaps tell the truth, but it would be a shame for you to have to pay for what you did, so I'll take it. I'm a good freind...I'm a god freind. I guess you must of done some more stuff because I'm going to shoulder this massive splintered piece of lumber on my skinless back until they strip me of all my clothes and drive railroad sized spikes into my wrists and ankles, snapping bone and tearing tendons. I'll never give up and I will continue to suffer even praying for the guys holding the hammers. And after all of this, when I have breathed my last breath, I will rise from death overjoyed that you dd not have to endure any of it Because that is the kind of freind I am.
How would it feel to do all of this for someone and have them sit in the back row. Spat on and ridiculed, tortured, degraded, humiliated...and the one you did it all for is a little unsure about weather or not he can talk about it. It's just too graphic, I don't have the time, I have faith but I just don't know about all this stuff, It's too much to handle, I just want to do what I want to do, I'm tired and I don't want to deal with this right now, it's embarassing, I dont want people to think I'm some religous nut job, (and my all time favorite) God wouldn't...
I sometimes wonder what would happen if God appeared to you, would you except it? I have heard people say if God really exists, why all this faith and believing stuff? Just appear and show me your God. You know change some water into wine or multiply some fishes...wait not good enough, how about speaking to the wind and sea and watching them obey, or walk on water (that would be a good one) maybe you could heal some people, raise some people from the dead. wait-wait-wait, I got it, maybe you could raise yourself from the dead. Man if you would just do that I am sure that there is no one who would doubt your love for us. So what do you say God, a little miracle here because I am just having a hard time believing. Until I get some definitive proof, I'm going to sit this one out. Sounds like something I read in a book...once

No comments: