Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Change is the only thing that is certain

In life we experience so many things and I find it just a little odd that we always want to hang on to the great moments in our life. Don't get me wrong I love the blasts from the past, and we dedicate alot of effort trying to duplicate those fond memories with tradition and custom. But the only thing you can be absolutely certain of in this life is that it will change. People move on, move in, or move over and the efforts exaustively spent to duplicate those great times you once had become an exercise in futility. We can't live our lives over again... we can only live the life we have now. But change is not to be feared, remember when everything in the world was brand new? There is something about new that keeps us looking for the next change even though we miss the past.

In light of this let us look to the future of ourselves and approach the world with the newness of change. I am filled this day with a powerful sense of Peace and a wonderful inner joy as I see my world changing. Congatulations to Nic and Lindsay on their engagement...marriage might be hard, and realistically you hear so many people talk about this aspect, but they don't tell you about the fufillment and peace that comes when you spend your life with the one you love, your soulmate, your best friend. I could not be happier. To Russ and Kelly, accept advice from no one including me. The tools to be excellent, nurturing, loving parents lies within both of you already. This child is in answer to prayer and the fufillment of both of your dreams. Life could have no greater satisfaction than to see loved ones blessed.

And I would be remiss not to acknowledge the greatest of changes for the world and my life. Tomorrow we celebrate the birth of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ. Father in heaven, I ask that you would be with all of my loved ones as they travel. I thank you for the blessings bestowed upon us and I acknowledge with a loud vouce and humbled heart the greatest blessing of all...your son. Lord I pray for those loved ones I can't spend time with and for those that I will. I ask that you continue to use my life to bring glory and honor to you and you only. Let the spirit move in mighty ways and touch the lives of many this season bringing them to faith in you Lord Jesus Christ. I ask all of these things in in the name of Christ Jesus. Amen

Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

Aaron and Heather said...

YYYYAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNN!!!!! You're blogspot is getting boring!