Thursday, April 24, 2008

Did anyone see the Giants Play last Night? Thirteen Innings with the Padres a 3-2 squeaker at the end for the victory. Lets be honest, the Giants are not supposed to be very good this season and their sub .500 record is expected according to the experts. I think it's interesting that no matter how bad your team is doing you still prefer to watch your team. The Giants havn't given me anything to cheer about in a while. At the Home opener, they lost. A three hour drive some good food, but they looked like a AA club and we spent most of our afternoon wondering if this would be another long year and contemplating a mob hit on Jose Castillo who in my opinion dogged a few plays. But in the end we went crazy mostly because I kept looking over at Uncle Mickey and hed wink and say "Wire to Wire Baby" ( Cancel the hit on Jose) But in part because Dave Roberts threw out some scrub from left feild to first. We jumped out of our seats, the Garlic Fries and Polish flew into the row in front of us vacated by less dedicated fans (Thank God). We high fived eachother, and the people we didn't know behind us, and jeered at the Guy with the Padres Jersey as if he was the guy that was thrown out. A roller coaster of emotions left me exhausted and hungry by the end of the day. But watching the Giants win last night brought back that opening day experience for me and I realized that I love the Giants. But even more, I love the people that loved the Giants with me that day. That was a perfect day, I'm sure I complained about the parking or the price of my hot dog and yes Jose Castillo. But in the end it was a day with my Dad. And It was a day I got to hang out with my brother. I'd say I can't remember the last time I got to hang out with Uncle Mickey but because of that day..I remember. Aaron, well I hang out with him too much. (Thinking about calling in sick next shift) It was great to do something that didn't require we be ready to face what we face at work. I don't think I go more than a couple of hours without hearing or seeing somebody trying to tell you that they know the secrets of Hapiness in this life. And weather they are from the pulpit or writing a book or on TV or Radio...they each have their version of essentially the same message. Its in 6 country songs I can think of and I've put it in a couple of my own. Spend your time loving. Love your family, love your job, love your team, love your freinds...but love. The bible says that love is the greatest. Faith: vital, Hope:essential but the greatest is love. The Giants may not win the series this year, heck they may not win another game. But opening day at SBC park (or PAC Bell, Or AT&T??? does anyone know this week?) gave me the oppurtuity to be with people I love. A perfect day

Go Giants

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can finally leave a comment. You too write somewhat like your cousin Elissa. Ok Wendy, now it is your turn to put lots of pictures of my darling grandsons on the blog. Thanks for this weekend. It was a fun and blessed time. Love you all. Nani

Anonymous said...

Great blog site! I sent Russ a link to your blog so he can be in the know, too. Thanks for a very nice day on Saturday! We wished we could have stayed longer. Tanner did such a great job with his readings and his grin from ear to ear said it all. Russ and I would love to come back for more games, too...see Grayson in action and catch more of Tanner playing catcher. Send us a schedule or maybe post it? See you very soon! Love, Kelly

Anonymous said...

You love me! You really love me!! And now theres proof on the internet!!
-me ;)